Thursday, June 4, 2015

Solo

4 June 2015:  Mary returned to Saint-Germain-en-Laye today, as planned.  The renovation of our kitchen – originally scheduled for last February, but delayed by the bankruptcy of the company supplying the cupboards and appliances – will finally be carried out next week.  Mary will prepare the kitchen and supervise the works.  Then, when the work is complete, she'll hop on a train and rejoin me on the GR5.

I'll miss Mary as I hike solo during the next 10-14 days.  I have plenty of experience hiking solo, and I've enjoyed such hikes, but it's much more fun and memorable with Mary.  We are a very compatible couple on (and off) the trail!
*   *   *
We hiked this morning from Ehren to Remich, where Mary caught a bus to Luxembourg and then a train to Paris.  We paused for a selfie under a GR5 trail marker, before going our separate ways:


After more than a month on the trail, Mary and I are looking for ways to lighten our backpacks.  I sent some superfluous items back home with Mary.  She was impressed by their weight – and I noticed the difference on the trail this afternoon. 


2 comments:

  1. I will try to join you for one or two days Carroll as said during lunch in Belgium.

    ReplyDelete