Friday, June 5, 2015

Mondorf-les-Bains

4 June 2015:  Mary and I walked along vineyard roads from Ehren to Remich (about 9 km).  We paused there for coffee and then separated, as described in my earlier "Solo" post:  Mary went to the nearby gare routière to catch the next bus to Luxembourg (and then a train to Paris), while I continued hiking a further 20 km to Mondorf-les-Bains.  It was an arduous hike: paved roads all the way, with very little shade, under a blazing sun.  I was pleased to arrive at my hotel in reasonably good shape: five weeks of hiking have done some good!  I also benefitted from a lighter pack.  The things that I sent home with Mary turned out to weigh about 2 kg.


Carroll marche toujours avec élan! 



Mary pauses to smell the roses:



Hiking alone, Carroll indulges in a selfie:


During our hike through Belgium and Luxembourg, Mary and I have been impressed by the modern design of some homes.  Here is a striking example seen in Wellenstein:


The trail climbed over this little hill, lthe Fëlsberg – the only shaded section of the trail during the afternoon:


A monument to Saint Donat, patron of wine producers:


According to the topoguide, there are 591 steps here.  I didn't verify this point. 


Hotel Belle Fontaine in Mondorf-les-Bains:


No comments:

Post a Comment