Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saint-Germain-en-Laye

10 July 2015:  Many of the readers of this blog (assuming that there are, in fact, many readers...) know that the GR5 does not pass through or even close to Saint-Germain-en-Laye.  Why, then, is the title of this blog post "Saint-Germain-en-Laye"? 

We returned home today from Saint-Hippolyte.  Mary has not yet recovered from her illness.  She needs a few days of rest, and home is the best place for that.  I accompanied her and will spend a day at home to help her get settled.  I plan to resume hiking Monday, picking up the GR5 in Saint-Hippolyte where I stopped yesterday.  Mary will join me later, after she has returned to mid-season form (and maybe after the kitchen renovation work, if that can finally be set in motion).  So, if all goes well, I'll post my next report here on Monday, 13 May 2015. 

2 comments:

  1. As a pretext for trying out this comment rubric, I thought I might ask how Mary's doing back home with all the "mods & cons", to coin a phrase. I'm also wondering how many fellow travelers you are meeting on the trails who are doing the whole trek?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary has certainly enjoyed the mod con of her own bed! We have met a few long-distance hikers on the GR5 (and heard of a few others), but not many.

      Delete