Thursday, July 9, 2015

Montbéliard (2)

8 July 2015:  Today was a rest day in Montbéliard.  Mary felt ill, but made good progress toward recovering mid-season form with some extra sleep. I enjoyed wandering around town on various missions and errands – e.g., obtain information about bus services for tomorrow's departure from Montbéliard (I will travel to Dasle, where I can pick up the GR5 and hike to Saint-Hippolyte; Mary will take a bus direct to Saint-Hippolyte), buy maps of the area around the Doubs River where we will hike in the coming days (to supplement the topoguide), shop for food, etc.  When not wandering, I lingered in cafés along a pleasant walking street.  I studied our route and reserved accommodations over the upcoming long weekend.  (14 July is on Tuesday, so many people will take Monday off and enjoy a 4-day weekend.)  Mary and I concluded the day with a good dinner at a Thai restaurant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment