Monday, August 24, 2015

Montgenèvre (2)

24 August 2015:  I spent today in Montgenèvre with Marie and Didier.  The weather – almost continuous rain and fog – made this a rest day.  Had the weather been good, we would surely have gone for a hike somewhere.

The quiet time in the apartment proved to be useful to me:  Yesterday, I was unable to upload a blog post that included pictures.  Each time that I tried to do so, the process stopped with a message: "Publishing Error 403.  Try again later."  That was a bad joke:  Every time that I tried again later, I got the same error message.  I spent several hours this morning trying to sort out this problem.  I became frustrated, imagining how boring this blog would be without photos.  Finally, I resolved the problem by updating the operating system on my telephone.  So all's well.  There are not many pictures in today's post.  That will change when I return to the trail tomorrow.
*   *   *
View from our balcony at 8:39:



View from the balcony at 15:40:


A break in the clouds at 16:15:



The clouds and rain soon returned (19:15):


Marie's and Didier's apartment building:


Happy hikers: Carroll, Marie and Didier. 




1 comment:

  1. The faces take me right back to France. Of course, having the right nose is part of what this is about, but I'm more intrigued by the eyes full of personality.

    ReplyDelete