Friday, January 22, 2016

Primm Valley, NV, to Malibu, CA

21 January 2016:  Mission accomplished!  I drove today from Primm Valley, Nevada, to Malibu, California, completing my trans-American road trip.  The total distance driven in 12 days was about 3700 mi. (ca. 6000 km).

Chloé met me in the afternoon after she had finished her work, and I handed over the keys to her car.  She was pleased!  As a sort of epilogue to my USA road trip, Chloé and I will drive to the Bay Area on Sunday.  (I will visit my father, William and friends during a weeklong visit there.)  I have gotten quite comfortable driving that car; it will seem strange to sit in the passenger seat while someone else drives!


*   *   *

Farewell to Buffalo Bill this morning:



The open road beckons:



I arrived in Malibu with time to spare so that I could have the car washed.  I wanted to deliver it to Chloé looking like new.  So I left the car at this place and took a walk on the beach while the dust and grime of 3700 miles was washed off the car.





Father & Daughter reunion:




Chloé takes her first drive (in the parking lot of the restaurant where we met and had dinner).




2 comments:

  1. happy driving and save miles from de Delhaasjes in Herkingen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carroll, This is Dan Berry. Congratulations on completing your journey. I hope that things continue to go well for you. Bless you. Dan

    ReplyDelete